- Major technology shares that closed with losses on Tuesday were ticking higher premarket.
were each up 1.2%, and chip maker
slipped 3.4% premarket. The memory chip maker beat expectations in its recent quarterly earnings but failed to impress Wall Street with its outlook.
- Earnings are due from
before the opening bell.
- Bitcoin was up 1.1% on Wednesday from its 5 p.m. ET price on Tuesday, and popular crypto wallet provider
was up a similar 0.9% premarket. Retail-trading app Robinhood added 1.1%.
- Major U.S. airlines were inching higher ahead of the bell, with
up 0.6% and
- Vaccine makers that were hit in Tuesday’s market decline were staging a rebound.
gained 2.3% premarket and
climbed 1.9% premarket. The egg producer’s losses narrowed in the fiscal first quarter as sales rose 13% due to higher selling prices.
will report results after Wednesday’s close.
Chart of the Day
- A swift rise in government-bond yields is hitting shares of technology stalwarts that have powered major indexes higher for years, testing investors’ faith in some of the stock market’s most popular trades.
Write to James Willhite at email@example.com
Copyright ©2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8